Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Day 3

Reflection:

I think this intersession has been going good so far. I leanred more about Mathematics, angles and geometry. I also learned about safety of tools, of when to use them and when not to. The tools that we have covered so far in this intersession were hand saws/saws, lumber,wood, and mitre saws. I knew how to use a handsaw but I never knew they way to use it and I never knew the difference between a Japanese saw, and an American saw. I learned also to use the different tools I never worked with. On the first day we had Larry Rosenstock talk to us about safety of the tools and different carpentry terms. On the first day I think I did a good job, like I was talking to my friends sometimes and I would make drum beats on the table. Over the last 3 days I kind of developed working and paying more attention/ being more interested in carpentry. On the seconded day we learned how to cut wood, and measure. Third day we had Will Spencer talk about safety of mitre saws, and as today we used them, which were really fun, and amazing since I never used one. Over all I like carpentry, using tools, and learning mathematics and basic carpentry safety and also having pride in building what we put hard work in.

1 comment:

Bea M. said...

You mention safety a couple of times and I totally agree with why and how to be cautions when working with carpenty tools. I'm glad Larry also stopped by to emphasize on the safety measures. After that, I think it gets fun right. What do you think?