Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day 8-9

For the past two weeks I think i have been doing very well in intersession. Like I've been doing work, and participating welly enough to get my work done. For the first week I learned about carpentry in general, like the terms, safety, and usage of the tools, and to mathematics. For the seconded week, I have gotten into my group (corn hole group) and me crew and we did plans for our corn hole board, and measuring and mathematics. When we were done with the mathematics, and measuring we started to cut our wood. Throughout the whole second week we just were working on our project/constructing it and painting it. I didn't really like working out in the hot sun all day, it made me overwhelmed and made me exhausted. But I liked working on our projects that we have made, and it has given me a lot of confidence and pride".  I feel good that we have worked on these because it has an affect on our whole community, and we expanded the play space of our school. Some of the time I would pretty much fool around while taking breaks, like talking to my Friends. I'm happy that I have joined this intersession because it shows me pride in what I have Incorporated in. I'm also pretty amazed that it was my first time in my life that  have used an Mitre saw, which changed my life and I also seen people use them but it doesn't look easy as it looks. I have changed throughout intersession, because like on the first day or two I made drum noises on the table and was talking to friends some of the time. But after that, I found more interest in getting work done because I wanted pride to be given. I then started to work with my group. I'm very exited I have joined this intersession, I'm very sad to leave it though  :[  I had allot of fun learning carpentry  and having more interest in math because it is used in carpentry which is allot of fun in making. After that said I'm going to miss intersession, and have pride/confidence in what I have done to help our HTH community.

:]

No comments: